How to choose the correct approach for IIT JEE Preparation # 2
Choosing the right college can be very overwhelming. Academics, cost, location, reputation and student life all factor in to a decision that could play a significant role in the rest of your life!
In last article we have talked about ‘best approaches for studies’ & now we will discuss about ‘How to select the best institute for HSC board’.
- SSC results are out and now students are weighing their options to get admission in their desired colleges. Once students have purchased the information booklet from their school or guidance centre, they can register on www.fyjc.org.in with the user id and password printed inside the booklet.
- Admission forms are available on the website and students can select their college and stream preferences in the options .The online admission process is a must for all colleges in Mumbai & Metropolitan Region. Admission process for the three major streams (Arts, Science and Commerce) is online.
- Meanwhile, students who have completed their class 10 from the CBSE or ICSE board will have to follow the online process. The CBSE board will send marks of the students, instead of grades, to all affiliated schools. Along with the mark sheet, other documents students would require are deed on Rs20 stamp paper, pass certificate, eligibility certificate and the school leaving or migration certificate.
- For science stream, some colleges conduct entrance test for admission of class 11th. Others give admission on merit basis.
2. Following are parameters you should check while selecting institute.
- Reputation of the institute– An institute’s reputation is very important in making the decision, with this student should check its faculty, library & past records of the institute.
- Fees/ donations– There are no particular fees specified by our Government for Science. Fees depend on the institute. Fees of the college depend on the popularity, and popularity comes from best result. Fees of the private institutes are generally higher than government schools. It is advisable that the individual makes himself/herself aware of the fee structure and donations.
- Time schedule– Distance from your school/college to the entrance exam academy should be manageable so that you can save time and energy.
It is important that you decide your priorities and eventually figure out how you plan to balance the preparation for IIT JEE and the board examination. This will help you in making a decision about the institute that you want to select.