JEE Advanced 2014 Expected Cut-Off
JEE Advanced 2014 exam was conducted on 25 May, 2014. Out of over 10 lakhs students who appeared for the JEE Mains 2014 exam, only 1,50,000 students were declared eligible for JEE Advanced. The results for JEE Advanced 2014 are expected to be out on 18 June, 2014.
There is already a lot of speculation about what the cut-off for this year is going to be. Before we throw some light on the same, it is essential to understand how the merit list is prepared for the result and how much score is essential for your name to appear in that merit list.
- Only those students who appear in both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of JEE Advanced are considered for the ranking. The marks of all other students are not considered when the result is prepared.
- First, a Common Merit List (CML) is prepared. To be in the CML, a student must have scored at least 10% in each subject and at least 35% in aggregate of all subjects.
- For OBC category, a student must have scored at least 9% in each subject 31.5% in aggregate of all subjects to be in the merit list for OBC category.
- For SC and ST categories, a student must have scored at least 5% in each subject 17.5% in aggregate of all subjects to be in the merit list for their respective categories.
- For Physically Disabled category, a student must have scored at least 5% in each subject 17.5% in aggregate of all subjects to be in the merit list for their category.
Now based on the difficulty levels of the exams of JEE Advanced 2013 and JEE Advanced 2014 and by analyzing the type, pattern and difficulty level of the questions coming in the exam, we can predict the JEE Advanced 2014 cut-off to approximately look like below:
- General Category :- 126
- OBC Category :- 113
- SC Category :- 63
- ST Category :- 63
To clear the JEE Advanced, it is essential that you pay attention to all the three subjects, i.e., Maths, Physics and Chemistry so that you can clear the 10% in each subject cut-off and keep a strong hold on at least two of the three subjects so that you can reach the aggregate cut-off for your category.
To know, predict and analyze your JEE Advanced 2014 score accurately, visit Kaysons Education, the leading coaching institution on the field of JEE coaching. Even if you are planning to appear for JEE 2015 or JEE 2016, you should seek their guidance and best in class coaching programs for outstanding results.