WB JEE 2016: Eligibility, Important Dates, Question Pattern
It is the Common Entrance Examination for admission to different degree level courses in Medical, Dental, Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Technological Institutes in West Bengal.
Eligibility criteria for WB JEE 2016
Citizenship:Applicant must be a citizen of India
Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2016. There is no upper age limit.
Residential/ Domicile requirement
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either
- Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2015
- Whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanent address within the State of West Bengal
Academic eligibility criteria
- Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board in regular class mode with
- Individual pass marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- 60% above subjects together
- as well as pass in English with a minimum of 30% marks
Note for Jadavpur University minimum marks are for maths are 60%
List of Universities & Colleges offering Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy & Architecture Courses
JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA
MAULANA ABUL KALAM AZAD UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, SALT LAKE
UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA
GOVERMENT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND LEATHER TECHNOLOGY, SALT LAKE
GOVT. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY, KOLKATA
GOVT. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY-SERAMPUR
JALPAIGURI GOVERMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
KALYANI GOVERMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
COOCHBEHAR GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
PURULIA GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY, BOLPUR
TECHNO INDIA UNIVERSITY, SALTLAKE
UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT, RAJARHAT
Important Dates for WB JEE 2016
Online Form start date: 05/01/2016
Last Date for registration: 29/02/2016
Last Date for Document uploading: 03/03/2016
Last Date for Fee Payment: 05/03/2016
Last Date for Printing Confirmation page: 30/03/2016
Last Date for correction 07/03/2016 to 12/03/2016
Admit Card Date: 04/04/2016
Physics and Chemistry: 17/05/2016 12:45 to 2:45
Mathematics: 17/05/2016: 3:30 to 5:30
Question Pattern WB JEE 2016
In every subject, all questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, with four options against each of the questions. Questions will be of three categories as per following table.
Total Number of question for 1 mark each and -0.25 for wrong
Total Number of question for 2 mark each and -0.5 for wrong
Total Number of question for 2 mark each and this has no negative marking
Engg/Tech, Pharmacy and Architecture seats in Private Self Financed Colleges:
- 80% to 90% seats shall be available for admission through WBJEEM-2016.
- 10% Seats shall be available for admission through the all India Entrance Examination (i.e. JEE-Main-2016.
- Maximum of 10% seats shall be available for admission through Management Quota, as may be desired by those Institutions.